Sunday, February 5, 2012

Case Study Challenge #76

I came home from work early today, due to the fact that I was very ill.  Around 2:00 p.m. I fell asleep in my warm cozy bed, hoping my tummy would settle down some.  After my nap I settled into the recliner, eat a piece of dry toast and started looking around some blogs for a new challenge and inspiration.  I came across Case Study Challenge #76.  Below is the provided inspiration created by Karola Witczak.  You can check out her blog at Karola Kraftuje for more wonderful creations.
Since I was still not feeling 100% and I was to fast for 12 hours prior to a Dr. appointment in the morning, I decided to create something to keep my mind off the illness and fasting.  I was so inspired by this challenge that I went right to work and completed my card in a few hours.  I hope you like my finished card as much as I do.  Even my hubby commented that it was "So Glamorous".



To make this card:

A2 Dark Grey cardstock for the base
Layered with pink and some wonderful K&Company pattern paper I found at Michael's for .49 cents. (all other paper is from Close to my Heart)

Cartridges used:

Ultimate Creative Series Sampler - Boy does this cartridge have a lot to offer.  All my cuts were from the Bonus 3: Home Decor & Vinyl.  I forgot to write down the image #, but I used background floral branch (Home Accents) cut at 2", Label (Storybook) cut at 2-1/2" and the flowers (Gypsy Wanderings) cut at 1-1/2"


To complete the card I sponged with grey ink around the floral branch and label.  I ran the label through my Cuttlebug using the Swiss dot A2 folder. I embellished with adhesive pearls from Reflections, added a grey bamboo cord ribbon from bead landing and stamped my message (Close to my Heart) in grey on white cardstock, which I clipped the ends and scored to make into a banner. The last touch was to add two dark pink heart shade pins from Impress tucked behind the flowers.

I hope you enjoyed my inspired creation.

Catch the Frenzy!

2 comments:

  1. Wowza, this is wonderful!! Thank you for playing along with the CASE Study girls this week!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some comment LOVE!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...