Sunday, June 13, 2021

Craft Roulette #65

Another good spin of the wheel over at CraftRoulette.live this past Friday. Having a blast playing along every Friday, you never know what will come up on the spin, but boy is it challenging.  I love digging through my stamps, papers and supplies, trying to figure out an idea, one that will meet all the parameters for the week.

Here's the spin from Friday - June 11, 2021

Project: card with patterned paper

Colors: Any 4 colors

Element: A Smile or Smiles

Random: Tone on Tone



For my patterned paper I used a floral pattern and black/white strip found in Perfect Match paper packet, limited quantity still available HERE 

Colors were Pink, Blue, Light green and Red for my 4 colors, the Close to My Heart cardstock colors are as follows: Ballerina, Carolina, Mint and Candy Apple, find all paper HERE

For my Smile, I chose to use a sentiment from a retired stamp set S2002 Cherishing Her, an older Stamp of the Month (STOM) from February 2020

And for my Tone on Tone, I used my Flamingo Shimmer brush to splatter the background on the Ballerina cardstock. Check out all the Shimmer Brush colors we carry HERE

To finish my card, I added 2 Candy Apple red Stitched Hearts (thin cut die) added a mint ink splatter image behind the sentiment, cut this out with Stitched Brackets (thin cuts die), then last of all, some black dots. 

Check out our Thin Cuts selection, these dies match perfectly with many of Close to My Heart stamp images.

I think I nailed it, meeting all the parameters for the challenge, and making a pretty fun card too! Easy card pattern, and I was able to use up some scraps from my stash as well.  

What do you think of my card? Please leave a comment.

Thank you for stopping by today

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me some comment LOVE!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...