Monday, May 31, 2021

Craft Roulette challenge #63

I haven't participated in card challenges for some time now, but been noticing a few other Close to my Heart Makers were playing along with the Craft Roulette Show, so I decided to give it a go this weekend. 

The concept is an improvised paper-craft challenge show, where the spin of the Roulette wheel reveals  the parameters, in 4 categories, for the weekly challenge.  The show is hosted by Mary Gunn FUNN, every Friday evening at 6:30 pm CT on You Tube CraftRoulette.live  You have 48 hours to create a project, following the spin parameters and submit your entry. 

Challenge 63

Project: 6 x 6 sketch - Color: cool - Element: car/truck - Random: envelope

We were given 2 sketches, so I decided to make one card, for each sketch.  My goal is to use any current and retired Close to My Heart stamps, papers and products, I have on hand, as much as possible, shopping.  Below are my two cards I created following the parameters.

Card 1

Colors are Bluebird, Grape and Lilac for the papers, and Bluebird and Grape ink.  I splattered the background with Bluebird shimmer brush, the striped paper is from I Heart Us paper pack retired).  Stamps used M1286 Sending Love Postage (retired) and CC61914 Bunches of Joy (retired).  I used a thin cut die for the Mini Envelope and added a few sparkles


Card 2

Colors used are Sapphire and Glacier, ink Sapphire and Ice turquoise Tri Blend marker for the truck.  Papers from a retired Mix-in paper packet. Thin cut die Mini envelope and stitched heart, then added sparkles to finish the card.

I really love a challenge, and this one really made me think outside the box.  I had fun thinking it through, shopping my stash and creating.  I hope you enjoyed my share today.  

Which one is your favorite? 

Thanks from coming by,

Karen


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me some comment LOVE!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...