Monday, January 2, 2012

Thank you

Happy New Year everyone!  Welcome to "Simply Frenzied", so glad you stopped by, as I am excited to share my first card in today's post.  One of my New Year's resolutions is to try to use supplies and products I already have on hand.  I have been creating cards for over 20 years, and until recently, I was a Close to My Heart consultant.  My inventory of papers, stamps, inks and assortment of accents is extensive.  Again, the plan is to create cards and papercrafts with items I have on hand.  I hope to list supplies, tools and brand names when possible.  However, the evolution of cardmaking and scrapbooking has changed over the past 20 years, so I may be kickin' it old school with some of my creations.  But, know that my goal is to share my passion for papercrafts, and to inspire you in your own unique creativeness. 
For this card cut as follows...

Base of card - cardstock:
Turquoise - 1 x 4-1/4"
White - 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"

Cricut cuts - cardstock:
Elegant Edges - page 59 <Flower2> - 4 inch
Frame feature

Simply Charmed - page 36 <Bird> - 2 inch
Layer 1 - Lt. Turquoise
Layer 2 - Red
Layer 3 - Turquoise
Layer 4 - Yellow
Shadow - Black


Other cuts:
1 inch flower punch - Lt. Turquoise
3/4" circle punch - Pink
1/2" circle punch - Turquoise

To complete the card...

Sponge Turquoise ink around the edges of flower pieces, layer 1 and layer 3 of the bird.

Sponge Red ink around the edges of the pink circle and layer 2 of the bird.
Using your favorite adhesive (I used my Xyron machine), adhere all pieces together, as shown in sample, working back to front.
Stamp "Thank You" (from Close to My Heart - D1361 Thank You set ) inside circle with Turquoise ink.

I added Red adhesive pearls from Recollections to the center of each flower and down the upper, left edge of the Turquoise paper.

All paper and ink from Close to My Heart.

Catch the Frenzy!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Karen - You were my first CTMH (DOTS) DL, now I'm your first blog follower! Your artwork is so cute as always. Great job shopping your stash - consume don't collect. I'm doing my best to thin out my 20 years of stash :o) I look forward to future posts. Happy 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I am SO excited you started your blog!! You are so creative and talented. :) Thanks for sharing your cute little birdie card. Thank you cards are always appreciated.

    Hugs,
    Ally

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some comment LOVE!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...