Friday, November 8, 2013

Something from My Kitchen

I just wanted to share a quick little tag and goodies I made this week in appreciation of a co-worker
This co-worker is male, he loves to bake, as much as I do and he wears bow ties on occasion
 
Before work on Monday morning, I baked up a batch of Peanut Butter Cookies
 
 
I have always enjoyed baking and this recipe was in a little cookbook my mother had in our kitchen
This cookie recipe is the very first cookie recipe I made as a young girl, around age 9 or 10
My mother has since passed on, but I want to see if I can find this cookbook in their kitchen
It is easy to remember, quick to make, and very tasty
And no flour for those who want something without gluten (see recipe below)
 
 
Quickly made this tag to add to the package of cookies, attached with turquoise bakers twine
Dollar Store Washi tape, which I just love these colors and the pattern
Felt bow tie from my stash and rhinestones to finish the tag
 
Peanut Butter Cookies

1 Cup Peanut Butter
1 Cup Sugar
1 Egg
1 tsp. vanilla
 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Mix all ingredients together until smooth
Place in refrigerator for 5-10 minutes for easier scooping
Using a scoop or hand roll into 1 Tablespoon balls
sprinkle with sugar and slightly press cookie down with fork tines
Bake for 10-12 minutes
Yield: 2.5 dozen cookies

 I hope you enjoyed my quick post
and
 if you have a chance to make the cookies, tell me what you think

Thanks for coming by today - Catch the Frenzy! - Karen

1 comment:

  1. Wow, no flour, will have to try these, they sound yummy. Cute tag too...xoxo-Patti

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some comment LOVE!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...