Saturday, January 21, 2012

Friendship Warms the Heart

I am so excited, as I was able to get a few cards completed today and enter two of them into weekly challenges. My first two challenge entries as a new blogger!  I was inspired by the Monday Challenge #40 "It's Delicious" at The Craft Spot and this card is my finished piece of work.  I so wanted to use my Love You a Latte cartridge.  I choose to use the Teacup to create my card, which has a Victorian tea party theme, complete with dollies, roses, pearls and pretty pink sugar cookies.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed creating it.

This is a 6 x 6 card

I used the following cartridges to create this card:
  • Love you a Latte <Teacup> and all layers 2-1/2"
  • Flower shoppe <Scallop1> 2"
  • Doodlecharms <Heart> 1-1/2" and shadow 1"
  • George and Basic Shapes <Circle> 5"
Other products used from my stash: fibers, adhesive pearls, heart brad, glitter, dollies

Note:  used desert sand ink from Close to my Heart to sponge around the edges after distressing the paper.  Also for the cookie edges to give it that baked look.

Shout Out to my husband, Kurt who is my photographer and always willing to take the photo's I need for my blog.  He is awesome!
Catch the Frenzy!

4 comments:

  1. This is such a gorgeous card! I love the way you've combined so many elements and cuts to create one fabulous card! It's gorgeous! The little teabag tag is a lovely touch as well. How wonderful that your Kurt is so willing to act as photographer, too!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo pretty! Love the distressed edges and soft colors! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is adorable! I love the cookies, and the flowers are so pretty! I need to get some tips taking pictures of my cards from your hubby. :) I am SO glad you entered your card in the challenge! Great job!

    Ally

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen! I saw this card I believe on the Cricut Challenge site and had to come over to let you know how much I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I even pinned it : )

    Just gorgeous!!!
    Big hugs and lots of love,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some comment LOVE!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...