Sunday, January 22, 2012

Snow Fun and Snow much Fun!

After being snowed in since last Tuesday ( I am an Office Manager at an Elementary school, Wednesday-Friday were Snow Days.  I do not report to work if Admin. building is closed). So, I am like Yippy Skippy, I can play in my craft space, designing and creating cards for my blog and some of the challenges.  But, being the responsible person I am...work before play, I spent Wednesday doing bills, filing and prepping for taxes. Well our home ended up without power for over 40 hours Thursday and Friday. Tried to work by candlelight, but I was so cold.  I spent two days huddled in front of our fireplace with a warm blanket, reading and finishing two books instead. So, I am thankful that I was actually able to complete this card in time to enter it into the Fantabulous Cricut, Challenge Me Monday #94 - Snow Fun.  Crystal blue, dark blue and lavender is one of my favorite winter color combinations.  I hope you enjoy my Snow Fun card.

For this card cut as follows:
Base of card A2 Crystal Blue
Swirl paper 3-3/4" x 4-1/4" Dk B
1 x 1-1/2" message tag Lavender

Cartridges used:
Doodlecharms - cut <snowmn> using the border feature on White CS at 2-1/2".  Note:  I also cut a second border, cutting the two end snowman out.  Using mounting tape, mount them on top of the border piece for added depth.

Winter Woodland - cut <snowflk-4> Lavender CS - three at 1-1/2" and two at 2"

To complete this card:  I used three additional pieces of White CS, varies heights and  tearing the paper at varies angles. Using Crystal Blue ink, I sponged around the edges of the snowmen and the torn White CS.  I tied Dark Blue and Lavender fibers around the necks of the snowmen, added brads for buttons and to the tag.  The snowflakes have hand sewn sequins and beads.  Layer all pieces together as shown in the photo, working back to front.  The stamp and all ink and papers from my stash of Close to My Heart products.

Wait, there's more...
My second card is one I created to enter into the My Craft Spot, Monday Challenge #41 - Snow much Fun!  I love digging through my stash of papers, elements, stamps, etc...being inspired with old items that have been long forgotten.  What's old is transformed into a new creation.  The color combination is so beautiful, I wanted to create something with a little more elegance.  I give you "Winter Greetings".

For this card cut as follows:
Base of card - A2 Brown
Cut the other three layers 1/4" smaller than the underneath layer  (Twilight, Creme Brule and a snowflake pattern paper - all from Close to My Heart)
Stripe pattern paper 1-1/2" x 5-1/2", also from Close to My Heart.
1" circle Creme Brule for Winter message

Cartridges used:

Winter Woodland - cut <Branch1>, <Branch1-s> and layers at 1-1/2".  Also, cut <Gloves>, <Gloves-s> and layers at 2-1/2"

To complete this card:  I sponged the snow and gloves with Twilight ink and stamped the greetings over both pattern paper and the circle tab.  Layer all pieces together as shown in the photo, working back to front.  Finishing touches include Glossy Accents to the berries on the branch and the snowflakes on the gloves.  I also found some itty bitty buttons in my stash, which I added white floss to. White floss also to hang the gloves loosely over the branch.

Catch the Frenzy!

6 comments:

  1. Your cards are beautiful Karen! I love the cute snowmen, tearing of the paper and the awesome little snowflakes. Cute fibers for the scarf too:)
    Thanks so much for joining us at FCCB!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the details and layers to your cards. Thanks for joining us for Challenge me Monday at FCCB.
    Melanie Makes
    http://melaniemakes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards.I particularly love your colours and the mittens.Thanks for joining us at My Craft Spot.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fabulous cards! The details are wonderful - on both!!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot and at Fantabulous Cricut!

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Both of your cards are simply Fantabulous! You have amazing talent. I sure hope you will apply for our Design Team coming up very soon! ;) We loved your project at FCCB. Be sure to stop by our Wednesday post so you can see how much we loved it! :0) Thanks for joining us. It's a pleasure stopping by your blog.

    XO ~ Amy Jo (FCCB Coordinator & follower)
    http://fantabulouscricut.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so pleased you enjoyed my card and that I made Top 5! I am so passionate about paper crafts and creating my cards. Each creation is a reflection of me. I love sharing with others and the challenges allow me to do just that. I would love to learn more about being on a Design Team, so I'll check it out.

      Delete

Please leave me some comment LOVE!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...