Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sweet Hello

Today I am sharing a card I made for The Shabby Tea Room "Hi Ho Cherry O', week #101 challenge using this photo as my inspiration.  We have a very old cherry tree in our yard that doesn't produce many cherries anymore.  What is produced, the birds and raccoon's seem to eat before I get a chance to pick them. I sure love the springtime blossoms though and this challenge just made it feel like spring already.


To make this card:

I started with a light green A2 card base, added doily edges to both sides of the card. Striped and cherry pattern paper from my stash of old Close to My Heart papers were used in the project.  I was also so very excited that I exactly had a cherry stamp to use for this challenge, also from CTMH.


Cartridge used:

Elegant Edges page 65 <Flower3> using the oblong feature and shadow cut at 4"

To finish this card:

I used Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Tea Dye to distress my doily and frame.  I stamped my image in the center of the frame, as well as on another piece of white cardstock.  I used a stencil/sponging technique to color my cherries and leaf.  I then cut them out and mounted them over the image stamped on the frame.  Other finishing details were to add Glossy Accents to the hi-light on the cherries, red baker twine to red buttons, and made a bow with the twine.  I also added the buttons to these little green flowers I received in a goodie box I purchased from The Crafts Meow Shop.

I hope you too feel a little bit of spring in my card.  Enjoy your Day!

Catch the Frenzy!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful card! Love the felt flowers and yummy twine bow! Thanks for sharing with The Shabby Tearoom :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some comment LOVE!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...