Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Wedding elegance

Today's share is an elegant wedding card I created for the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #152  based on the sketch below.  As I was digging through my paper stash, I found a lovely pattern paper with chocolate brown, shades of teal (or twilight) and cream.  I love these colors together.  Next I took a look at all my stamps that I haven't used for a while and decided on this wedding set, which is an old wood mounted Close to My Heart set.   I wanted to use what I have, so here is my creation.


To make this card:

I started with a 6" x 6" chocolate brown cardstock base.  I added the pattern paper, cut at 5-1/2" x 5-1/2".  Next I stamped a large background stamp with love words and sayings onto cream cardstock.  I cut this piece down to 5" x 5".  All small images were stamped on three 1-1/2" squares in twilight ink.  The Bride and Groom were stamped  on 2-1/4" x 2-1/2" cream cardstock, twilight ink.  These pieces were all mounted to pattern paper cut 1/4" larger.

To finish the card:

I added chocolate ink sponging around all paper with stamped images, Glitter and adhesive pearls for glamour.  A ribbon in a lighter shade of teal was added around a 1-1/2" x 6" twilight piece of cardstock.  I tied a bow in this ribbon and slipped the bow through the hole punch in the sentiment banner that was stamped in twilight ink on cream cardstock cut at 1-3/4" x 4-1/4"  The clear rose button was my final touch.

Now I just need to find someone who is getting married.

Catch the Frenzy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me some comment LOVE!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...