Sunday, March 4, 2012

Get Well Soon!

The sentiment "Get well soon!" is for everyone in my household.  We have been sick with head colds that continue to linger after two weeks.  And I had three days for jury duty this week as well.  I feel like I haven't been in my craft space like forever and really wanted to stamp today.  I did manage to complete one card for the Freshly Made Sketches #24 based on the sketch below.


To make this card:

I used A2 white card for my base.  I trimmed the red w/ white polka dot patterned paper to 5-1/4" x 4" and another pieced to 1-1/2" x 4-1/4".  I trimmed the red, white and blue patterned paper to 5" x 3-3/4".  I also trimmed blue cardstock to 1-3/4" x 4-1/4".  I used a piece of paper doily for the bottom edge.

Cartridges:

Elegant Edges - page 33 <Doily> oblong frame cut on blue cardstock at 4" and shadow feature on white cardstock.   I run the frame piece through my Cuttlebug with the swiss dot folder.  Stamp the sentiment in the center.  I used a stamp from Fiskars with red ink.

To complete the card:

Layer all paper as shown in the photo, working back to front.  My finishing touches are red buttons with knotted floss, a blue crocheted flower and a bow made with bakers twine.

Catch the Frenzy!

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty card. I love that crocheted flower. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some comment LOVE!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...