Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Caught in Crystal

First Tuesday of the month brings a new technique to try from Technique Time Tuesday
 
CAUGHT IN CRYSTAL
 
I have never tried this technique before, so I was  excited to create my card
I have to say I was a little stressed, as I only have 3 Distress re-inkers and NO Stazon ink
So I had to be extra clever with my creation
I just bought a new car and couldn't justify buying more product, you know how that is!
 
Here's my card...
 
 
After several attempts to stamp the image onto the acetate/transparency,
I ended up stamping my image, which is a really old CTMH stamp from the Floral Thank You set
This is a set from way, way back, wood mounted
Anyway, I inked it with black Versa Craft ink onto my card stock
I then put it into my copier and copied the image onto the transparency
What's a Girl to do? I was running out of time and stressing BIG TIME!
 
I followed the wonderful tutorial Mynnette has provided for us on the blog - CHECK IT OUT
 
I gathered all my supplies and went to work...
I used Distress ink - Worn Lipstick, which I think is actually too dark with my papers
However, I really think the technique was FUN to try and I liked the look of the finished square
Again, just too dark with the papers
 
It is what it is... and I will give it a try again
 
My papers are from Echo Park - la Ballet du Grand - mini kit
pink Washi tape and rhinestones finished the card
 
I ended up with really messy hands even though I used the plastic baggie idea Mynnette suggested
 
I invite you to try your hand at the CAUGHT IN CRYSTAL technique this month
I can't wait to see what you make and share with us
 
Thanks for coming by and taking a peek
 
Catch the Frenzy! - Karen

5 comments:

  1. A beautiful design. Love the striped design paper.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever you--printing onto the transparency was a stroke of genius! LOVE the bright colors, Karen, and I think the red looks fabulous! HUGS and have a great rest of the week! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card - love the colour on that acetate - so vibrant! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Karen. I love the simpleness of it..
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen, oh my, I am so sorry my challenge was so stressed for you. But how clever - will have to remember your technique of printing onto acetate is you can't stamp or don't have Staz-On. You would never know you had issues with this if you hadn't of told us, the image is gorgeous and I love the colours you have used and you have a gorgeous card too. I just wanted to thank you for taking part in my inky challenge x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some comment LOVE!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...