Sunday, February 5, 2012

Friends to the end

While digging around in my stash of paper, I came across this pattern paper from Close to My Heart.  I do not remember what paper pack it was from, as I no longer am a consultant and I have a lot of paper.  Anyway, I love this color combo and wanted to make something a little more elegant.  This card will be entered in the My Craft Spot Monday Challenge - Anything goes.  Make sure you check out all 3 post today for other card ideas.

To make this card:

A2 Teal cardstock for base of card
4" x 5-1/4" pattern paper
2-1/2" white cardstock half circle
3/4" x 4-1/4" Teal cardstock
1/2" x 4-1/4" pink

Cartridges used:

George and Basic Shapes - page 108 <circle> cut at 2-1/2" white cardstock
Joys of the Season - page 66 <Wreath2> cut a 4" green cardstock, shadow feature white cardstock and layers for the berries in pink cardstock
Flower Shoppe - page 16 <Fun4> and page 13 <Scallop1> both cut at 1-1/2" pink


To complete this card:

Stamp the message on the white cardstock 1/2 circle in Teal.  I then sponged Teal ink around the edges of the wreath and the half circle.  I sponged darker pink around the edges of both flower pieces.  Layer all paper together working back to front as shown in the photo.  For finishing touches I added Glossy accents to the pink berries and adhesive pearls to the wreath, and at the curve of the message.  A Pink ribbon at the top corner with the flower completes this card.

Please continue to my early post today for another card I posted.

Catch the Frenzy!

3 comments:

  1. Really pretty! Such a sweet sentiment! Your flower turned out lovely. I have the Flower Shoppe cartridge and I've never used it-I need to give it a try.

    I am so glad you entered your card in the weeks challenge at My Craft Spot.

    Ally :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ally - I am sure enjoying creating for my blog. With everything that has gone on in my life the past 4 years, I'm starting to feel like there is JOY again in my life.

      Delete

Please leave me some comment LOVE!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...